About Pinay MegaMom
I am a Filipina mother and I am extremely proud of it!
I spend majority of my time with my family: a loving and understanding husband, and our three blessings. We waited nearly a decade before there was someone to finally call us Mama and Papa (aside from each other), and now we have a chorus.
Avatar care of my long-time friend and fellow blogger, KittyMama
I do love my family immensely, but there are so many other things apart from motherhood that define me.
- I used to be Doktora to my patients. Now I am addressed as such more as a matter of respect. I no longer practice (except on the kids).
- I used to be Ma’am to my students when I was teaching undergraduate and graduate Medical Microbiology. I am still a teacher at heart, although I have brought my teaching to a different arena.
- I would’ve been a professional musician had I not taken up medicine. I still do appreciate the arts: music, moving, visual, performance, name it! I am a patron.
- Baking and cooking are outlets. I wish I had more time for it. I enjoy fine food. I avoid fastfoods because I believe there are many more affordable yet palatable choices.
- I’ve been to many, but not enough places around the world. I would like to see more of my home, the Philippines.
In inner circles, mothers of multiples (twins, triplets etc…) are called SuperMoms. I though of calling myself MegaMom, not only because I am the mother of triplets, but also because of my full life, which I am now sharing with others through this blog.
Thanks for joining me on my fully-loaded super mega-journey!